Son's face help

I was wondering if anyone knows how to make my son's face smooth again? After he had really bad baby acne, he now has the rughes skin out htere it its full of bumps and really dry, does anyone know what I could put on it, Johnson's isn't working. Has anyone else has this problem?

msaltmomof2

Asked by msaltmomof2 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes do not use lotion it dries out the skin use aquaphor. My baby had a severe case, aquaphor saved her skin.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:37 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I might try california baby's calendula lotion, it really helps and heals skin problems
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• If you are breastfeeding put some breastmilk on it. Also you can put some antibiotic oitnment on it.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 11:44 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Botox....of course I am kidding! But really, why are you so concerned about his skin right now? Is his pediatrician concerned? If not, then you shouldn't be either. OR you can get a second or third opinion, or even take him to a dermatoligist...but I'd relax about it, he'll be old enough for laser reconstruction and botox in just a few short years...again..KIDDING!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I agree with aquaphor.
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 10:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I agree with the breastmilk. I use it for any skin issues. I even use it on my face. It works better than any medication that I have ever used.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 1:20 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Breastmilk works. I'd avoid all lotions and soaps and just let his skin be. It will heal on its own. The lotions and soaps contain chemicals that tend to just make things worse.

If you do use something,I'd actually recommend Mother Love's "nipple cream". It works wonders on chapped dry skin, and is not just for nipples.
    Gruntlings

Answer by Gruntlings at 2:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009