Normal??

Every time I walk into a room where my 4 year old step-daughter is alone, she's on the floor with her pants off, touching herself. Is that normal? I don't remember doing things like that when I was her age??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I don't know but a call to the pediatrician should answer that, it could be that is itchy or a urinary infection. I know there is something call self discovery in kids but like I say let's not speculate follow your gut instinct and check on it with medically trained professionals.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 11:42 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Unfortunately, my three year old does this allllll the time. She doesn't take her pants off, she just sticks her hands down her pants and plays around. If I tell her to stop (like when she tries doing it in public) she cries because she wants to "play with her butt." It is a comforting thing for her, like little boys holding their penises. I'll be glad when she grows out of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Aug. 4, 2009