A question for moms with tattoos

I wasn't sure where to put this...
I have quite a few allergies, and 6 years ago I was told by a tattoo artist(the owner of a local place) that I should just forget about ever getting one. But I went in yesterday and talked to a guy, and he said it should be OK, just look up the ingredients in the ink, and he gave me the brands of the ones they use(yay!). Anyway, has anyone ever had multiple allergies and got one? Was it OK? I'm going to call the company who makes the ink and see what they can tell me. Also, where does it hurt the LEAST to get one? I can have a baby with NOTHING, but a little tattoo scares me! lol

Arisce

Asked by Arisce at 11:38 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• On your back on the shoulder will hurt the least. Not sure about the allergies good luck
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:39 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My friend got a tattoo of her sign, it was in black and hot pink, well she ended up being allergic to just the pink ink, and her body rejected it, and just where the pink was, her skin got scaly and the pink actually fell( if thats the right word) out of her skin
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:40 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My sister has so many allergies but she has never had a problem with tattoo's. She has about 20 now. I have one and I got it on my calf because I heard that was the least painful. My sister said the most painful of the ones she got was the one that runs along her spine and the one on her pubic area.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• ps my tattoo is on my right hip and it wasnt too bad, to me anyways
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:41 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• If you can have a baby with no drugs then a tattoo is nothing..............lol. I also had TWO babies with nothing and i have on tattoo on my arm. It pinches a lot at first but then you kinda get numb around the spot , kinda like when you pluck your eyebrows but a little more of i pinch. It hurts more around any sensitive areas. As for the allergies, sorry but i have no idea when it comes to that. Anyways good luck.

Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I was actually allergic to the aquafor that I put on it afterwards. If you are worried about it, have him do a test in some place that no one will ever see and poke a couple times...kinda like a stand test you do before dying your hair...lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I don't have the allergies, but you're doing right by calling the ink manufacturer.

I know that when I turned 19 and got the "Tramp Stamp" I went big and colorful, and it hurt SOOO bad! However, when I went back when I turned 21, I got 3 stars, just inside my right hip and felt like a little cat scratch. I do know too (as my dad's an artist) that anywhere where there's not much fat between your skin and bone WILL be more sensitive than if there's some cushioning.

Also, might I make a note? Remember that the more detail and color in a smaller area you have, the more likely it is to run together over the years. Do NOT use baby oil, or baby oil gel, or any kind of antibiotic ointment except A&D ointment.

Bare down, girl. It's short and sweet, and they are addictive. I'm getting another once I hit 23!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:58 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Many people with allergies go on to have tattoos w/no problems. Everyone is different & as a previous poster stated some people can have an allergic reaction to a single color. 1 of my clients is allergic to green, so we have to tailor his designs around that. If you can have a baby with out pain meds then you can get a tattoo. Anywhere you get one, your gonna feel it. Some people say back, shoulder, upper arm or legs, hurt the least. For me the inside of my ear was the easiest tattoo to get (& others I know who have gotten them agree). But like I said, everyone is different. If you are worried about the allergies & the fear of getting the tattoo, I would suggest getting something simple & small to start out with. I have seen some people who think they can handle pain choose a large tattoo for their 1st one & can't make it threw it & then again I have seen 75 year old ladies take one like a champ! Good Luck & Enjoy :)
    Inkedmommy007

Answer by Inkedmommy007 at 12:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It doesn't hurt that bad. My friends who are huge babies have gotten big tattoos, no problem. It is nothing like contractions! It just feels like a little scraping shot. It's not pain-free, but it's nothing like the pain of having a baby. I hear the more fatty areas are the areas that hurt the m ost. I have one on the side of my hip above my butt and it hurt like hell. But I also have one on my ankle, upper arm, and shoulder and those really didnt' hurt at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2009