Overdue!!!!!!

My due date was yesterday and it seems like the longer it takes for my baby to come the more anxious and nervous I get about the whole process. I feel like I'm going crazy. I'm just left here anticipating the worst pain in my life. Help girls I could really use a friend

jachelle

Asked by jachelle at 11:42 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hun I am 2 weeks over due and I don't think this baby want to ever come out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Do not be nervous just think about how happy u will be when u see ur baby! I was way too optimistic when going to have my baby and everything went great, it happened so quick and then she was here and seeing ur baby takes away all ur pain.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:45 AM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Just be patient. S/he will come when it's time. Treasure this extra time and enjoy it. Once the baby comes, there is no such thing as "extra time".
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• gosh i think it's great that you can keep it up i'm always so anxious and nevrous waiting to have the baby. if your worried about the pain at least for now it's being prolonged.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• just remember that the longer the baby's in there, the healthier s/he is getting. go for a swim or a walk to get your mind off the "due date"
    and also remember, that if this is your first, the average for most first time mom's to go in labor is 41wks 1d.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 12:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I'm 4 days over due! With my second. Don't worry when you least expect it you will be on your way to L&D! GL mommy it's almost over I promise :)! *hugs*

pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 12:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• You ARE NOT OVERDUE. Over due is beyond FORTY TWO weeks (and even after that is not really a cause for concern UNLESS something comes up).

You ARE NOT a carton of milk, you DO NOT expire.

A due dade is a GUESS DATE, nothing more nothing less. In order for there to be an average estimation of gestation that means that some people go a couple of weeks earlier than 40 and other people go a couple of weeks after 40. In addition, if you do not have a "text book" 14th day ovulation cycle, then your guess date is going to be off because of that also.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Oh, I wanted to add that i read to treat your labor as an athlete would. For example, a boxer doesn't visualize himself getting beat up -- he visualizes himself winning. Lance Armstrong doesn't visualize himself falling off his bike...he visualizes speed, stamina, and getting to that finish line first. A basket ball player doesn't visualize him or herself missing!

So visualize your labor as work, but calm work. Visualize not pain, but working toward a goal. Visualize yourself calm, relaxed, serene, and as the powerful primal woman you are. Visualize the end goal and the reward. Pain is subjective. You might not feel any pain at all, it might be discomfort, or something you'll forget about in an instant. So don't visualize it.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2009