38 weeks and so nauseated

all of the sudden i feel so sick. my whole pregnancy has been a blessing, no sickness or problems. now i have 2 weeks left and i feel so nauseous and 2 days i had really bad stomach cramps like needed to go to the bathroom and i broke out in hot and cold sweats. every time i eat i want to throw up!! and i'm super tired to the point i can't even keep my eyes open. is this normal?

cleo2582

Asked by cleo2582 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like you might have some kind of stomach bug/flu, at least IMO.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 12:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• IM 36 WEEKS WITH NUMKBER 3 AND I HAVE BEEN FEELING THIS WAY TOO FOR THE LAST FEW DAY, IM NOT SICK. I GOT MY MEMBRANES STRIPPED YESTERDAY AND AM A VERY LOOOSE 3 CM. SO I THINK ITS JUST A SIGN OF COMING LABOR.
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 12:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Nausea can be a sign of early prepartory labor as the body prepares by emptying itself. However, it can also be a sign of dehydration. Sit down, relax, and drink fluids.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• eSnA2008 Why on EARTH did someone NITWIT stripe your membranes at 36 weeks and told you it was okay!??? That's not even term for pity's sake! Due dates can be off and you could very well be earlier in gestation.    Not to mention that not only is that procedure known to be painful, but it can increase the chances of infection and messes with the natural progression of labor.  

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• BECAUSE I ASKED THE NITWIT TOO, ITS MY CHOICE. MY BABY, MY BODY. ITS NOT PAINFUL, NO ACTUALLY IM LATER IN GESTATION IF ANYTHING. SO DONT BE RUDE OR NOSEY.
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 1:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• IF you are later in gestation then don't say you are 36 weeks and leave it at that.

You give people the wrong impression that it is okay to induce labor PRETERM. It is not. It comes with a lot of conseqences (lung immaturity, low birth weight, etc)    and passing off that imformation can make other women think that asking for induction before term or before they go into labor is no big deal.  

I wasn't nosey. YOU posted the information.

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• To the OP. Dont worry. Its more than likely your body prepping for labor. Get some rest and keep yourself hydrated. To the ignorance of preterm sweeping. It will never cease to amaze me that some of us pray daily to carry our babies to term and others are so completley ignorant that they would risk putting their childs life on the line for comfort. You have NO clue how developed your baby is. Weight means pretty much zilch. If your body isnt in labor on its own its because your BABY isnt mature enough to be born.
    Goldie_And_Luke

Answer by Goldie_And_Luke at 2:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• you sound like you are sick. As my DH would do. eat tons of soup and drink tons of orange juice. he swears by it. Funny thing is...i don't do any of that and I don't stay sick nearly as long as he does.
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 11:49 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• To the OP: You could have a touch of a bug going around, or it could be your body getting ready to have a baby. The good thing is, is that you only have around 2 weeks left. I know how hard it is, especially in the summer. (I had my youngest in August in Savannah GA) Just rememebr it's almost over, and it'll be SO WORTH it!

To the idiot that posted about having her membranes stripped: stop thinking about yourself and START thinking about your baby! What if you DO into labor and the baby wasn't ACTUALLY ready to be born?! What if that baby really isn't developed enough to be born yet?! (WEIGHT MEANS NOTHING) It'[s ignorance like this that make me even more hellbent on becoming a Certified Nurse Midiwfe...at least they treat prgnancy and birth like ti's normal instead of a disease like OBs do!
    Aslen

Answer by Aslen at 2:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2009