Do people who have the American flag on the back of their cars/trucks feel that they are "more" American?

We know that MOST of us are proud to be American. So I am just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't feel any less American because I don't have the American flag on my vehicle. I hadn't really thought about feeling more American based on how someone else sees me. I am proud to be an American and still feel that this is the best country there is no matter who is running it into the ground.

It makes other ethinicities feel more proud for them to display what country they came here from.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I have a flag and a yellow ribbon on the back of my van. I have it because I thought it was a tiny way to show some support for our military men and women. I don't feel "more" American, but I am a proud American!
    I hope our troops are never treated the way they were after vietnam.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Than you?

Probably.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I have a Ben Franklin quote, Army 1st Cavalry and Dallas Cowboys stickers on my car. How American is that? lol
    rotPferd

Answer by rotPferd at 12:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I don't have a flag on my vehicle. I do have a tea party sticker on it and 2 tea bags hanging from the visor. I am kind of picky about what I do with the flag, but I don't judge what anyone else does with it....except burning it or something such.

Flag/no flag doesn't define my level of patriotism. My actions do. I actively support our troops, know my constitution and don't hesitate to stand up for this country when she needs it.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• No, nor do I think that people who put the Christian fish on the back of their cars are more Christian.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It has nothing to do with 'keeping up with the Joneses' it has to do with being proud and showing your pride. That would be like telling a mom who comes to all her children's games that just because she doesn't have a decal on her car she's not proud of them.

I don't tie a yellow ribbon around my tree when my husband deploys does that make me any less proud of him or mean that I miss him any less then those that do?
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 12:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Having the flag on my car is me exercising my right to speak out about my government, symbolically or verbally, without fear of arrest, harassment, persecution, retribution, or insult. Why does anyone care that someone chooses to display the flag? Do you feel threatened? Does anyone? Maybe the liberals wish to get rid of the 1st Amendment which is the one this question is addressing!

patriotic

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Thanks everyone, EXCEPT for MustbeINSANE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2009