Why don't men understand

Why don't men understand that actions speak louder than words? They will say one thing, but then do another and not expect us to get upset with them about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Because men have very small brains and they are located between their legs. Its a fact
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• oh hon if you figure this out you will be so rich...the only thing i can think of is that they just think diff than we do...whatever you are going thru I hope it gets better. hang in there. (hugs)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Agreed...they think with the wrong head 99.9% of the time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• agreed! also men are just plain dumb.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 12:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i figure as long as women let them get away with doing that they'll continue to do so. we seem to lower our expectations and they lower them as much as possible. maybe we need to change what we expect our of them so as not to get disappointed.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• OP here: So melody77..that means that I should lower my expectations of expecting him to take part in taking care of the child we made together..the one he agreed to take care of. The one we worked on for over 2 years to have?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It's not about being a man - it's about being adult and responsible. You weren't clear in your original post but now it seems the point you are making is that the father of your child is not being a good parent as you would wish him to be or that he verbally promises but can't live up to. There are lots of good men who do fulfill the promise of being a good parent.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• This is what I've figured out about men. Men are in fact simple creatures. They have one thought at a time and they can't multi-task to save their life.

When women say something, they take into account the tone in which it's said, the body language and the facial expressions that go along with it, not just the words.

Men just use words. They don't get the whole "deeper meaning" behind things.

One of the most common arguments between my DH and I is when I think he doesn't mean what he says because of "how" he says it and he gets confused as to what the hell I'm talking about.

Again...simple creatures.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• they say what they think we want to hear. They really think that will solve things and keep us from getting upset. Basically, they can be idiots

Answer by admckenzie at 1:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Women do the same thing. You are with a jerk many of us are not. Maybe look at why you choose ment like this and change that about yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2009