Can you think of something that our society is operating in order to systematically eliminate stay-at-home moms? (nowadays is not uncommon to see both parents working)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Good question. I'm searching my brain for an answer, haha. I guess inflation doesn't help the SAHM cause. I wouldn't necessarily say that prices rising are directly trying to stop moms from staying home, though.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I don't think that it has to be with "peer pressure" it's an individual choice.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• sorry wrong question. first poster.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Women Revolution more likely. It's time to get rid of the shackles! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I think most sahm also take care of the finances and run the budget, at least I do. So we know where to make cuts and stretch the budget if need be.
    rotPferd

Answer by rotPferd at 12:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I think that one good example is the cost of health insurance. It's so expensive to provide insurance for a SAHM and kids. If a mom works, her health insurance is usually covered. I am not a SAHM, ( I am the breadwinner in my family), but if I were going to stay at home, that would be the only reason why I couldn't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i think most of the women work cause they want to. unless they are single and have children to support. i don't like seeing the ads on my yahoo page on the right side saying that obama want women to get an education and go back to work. um i don't want to go back to work and makes me wonder why he cares. is he raising taxes? so far i heard it's inenvictable that taxes have to be raised due to the spending and debt of america. i'm staying home one way or another.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• (nowadays is not uncommon to see both parents working)

Nowadays? Honey, this has been going on for a long time. Family size has a lot to do with it. There are seven kids in my family and I'm the youngest. When I started school my mother went to work part time to help with the finances. She didn't quit working until it was just her and my dad at home. Unless one parent makes enough to completely support the family, both parents have to work. I applaud SAHM's and wish I could have been one. I think the entire family benefits from that stability.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 12:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• cait. rod, and melody great comments. Thanks! OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Auntie, I hear you! OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2009