Help,my bicycle seat hurts my but

So i bought a bike to tone my legs and and stomach but the seat hurts my but.i would like to take a 45 minute bike ride everyday but it seems impossible due to the seat hurting me.I can only do like 10 minutes on it.Does anyone know how to fix this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• btw i dont really know what category this fits in but if anyone can help me thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• like i said b4 you may need a bigger seat, I'm not being mean.. they make bigger ones that you can switch out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Buy some bicycle shorts that have the cushioned butt pad. I was amazed at the difference they make. They fit snuggly so you might not be comfortable wearing them alone. I just wore mine under other athletic shorts or sweatpants.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 12:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Go to walmart and look for this gel seat pad. Its this pad that is filled with gel and you fit it over your bicycle seat and its really soft and it doesn't make your but hurt anymore!
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 1:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i brought the gel seat also, it may also hurt for a while but your bottom just has to get used to the whole bottom thing. the more you ride the easier it will get.
    MrsPhilip

Answer by MrsPhilip at 11:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2009