just a baby phase.. either way what could it mean?

After 7 months of sleeping through the night, my 8 1/2 month old has been waking in the middle of the night SCREAMING! When I go in to check on her, she is screaming, but sound sleep. I pick her up and pat her for a bit and she goes back to sleep, however, only to wake again throughout the night. Sometimes she cries in the night because she moves and gets stuck in the corner of the crib or something. Other times she just screams, but is still asleep and will not stop screaming unless I pick her up. Is this normal? Is it just a phase?? what does it mean??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd does this through her growth spurts. Its funny I can almost time them. Its just a phase it will go away and come back again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Sounds like night terrors. My son went through that at about the same age, and still does occasionally. He's four now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2009