how can i stop my 2yr old son from taking off his diaper to poop or pee in room?

we've tried potty training his throws a tantum and hits me, when he does this he aslo plays with his poop and puts it all over the walls of the bedroom. tried undies takes those off to he wont let us introduce the potty help

pinky1987

Asked by pinky1987 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son started to take off his diaper a lot and I tried to get him interested in potty training but he didn't care so I'm not forcing it, but I went ahead and switched him to pull-ups and he has almost quit doing it. He maybe has taken off his pull-ups 2 or 3 times in a couple months. That's awesome compared to every 10 minutes! LOL
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 12:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• bust his butt, my dd would never do that, she's get a spanking
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• gross, i can't believe kids even want to touch their own poop
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I don't think spanking would be the correct form of discipline because it could teach him that going to the bathroom is wrong and he might try and hold it in. It's a phase that a lot of kids go through. Yes, it's not good for him to smear poop on the walls, but at 2 y/o, he could mistake it as pooping is wrong.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 12:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Are there one piece rompers you could put him in so he can't take his diaper off? After a while of not being able to do so; he should stop - and you could switch back to 2pc outfits. Is this like morning/night/nap times? Otherwise I'd say he's trying to tell someone he's in need of being changed!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• can you duct tape the diapers on him? It probably started as new and fun and now he probably knows its getting attention? even when you have probably tried to down play it and tried getting mad. maybe he'll move on to something else if he literally cannot get the diaper off?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Please tell me you have not seen a child with a diaper duct taped closed on them? That is just SOOO wrong!
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 2:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Duct tape is actually supposed to work well. I've also heard of putting them on backwards. But some kids are smarter than others and figure that out. LOL.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 3:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• put a tarp on your floor :)
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2009