Obama joker poster?

Such high interest in who is the artist of the poster, I expect the FBI to hunt him down any day now. I hear dogs have been called in.

To help with the hunt my local morning radio guy called for a confession by the artist (in the spirit of fun). About a 100 callers did call in claiming to proudly be the artist. The whole program had me laughing so hard.

Spoof poster of Obama's face painted as The Joker branded 'dangerous and mean-spirited'
By Mail Foreign Service

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Last updated at 2:25 PM on 04th August 2009
    Comments (19) Add to My Stories A poster depicting Barack Obama as Batman villain The Joker has been called 'mean-spirited and dangerous' by the U.S. President's supporters.
    The image, which has been adopted by Mr Obama's critics, shows him wearing the white face paint and smudged red lips of the character most recently played by the late actor Heath Ledger. Beneath the picture reads the word 'socialism'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1204213/Spoof-poster-Obamas-fa...

Obama 'Joker' Poster Causing a Stir in L.A.

LOS ANGELES -- A poster showing President Barack Obama as Heath Ledger's "Joker" character from "The Dark Knight" is creating a stir on the streets of Los Angeles where the image began appearing over the weekend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• The Obama-Joker poster shows President Obama with white face paint, dark eye shadow and smudged red lipstick and also has the word "socialism" printed in bold, dark letters under the image of his face.

It's unclear who created the image and who is posting it across the city. No one has taken credit so far.

Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable President Earl Ofari Hutchinson is calling for the artist of this piece to step forward and identify himself. The manhunt is on.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-obama-posters,0,940643.story

George W. Bush: Comic-Book Villain?

]From the always charming "Vanity Fair", what a surprise. Click the link to see the pix.

I don't remember much outrage over this one.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/politics/2008/07/bush-as-joker.html

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I think its hilarious.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Lol, interesting article, especially about how there was practically slim to NONE outrage over the same thing with Bush (that's a democracy for you!)... thanks for sharing.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I am sure they will use resources the city doesn't have to find this guy and squash his free speech. Bush was called Hilter saw many posters like that and was in posters as comic book villian. Cheney was in a poster I saw as Darth Vader. Seems the Dems can dish it out but are not very good at taking it. I wonder how long it will be before the person is called a racist?lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• giggle....

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 12:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• WHAT THE HELL???

can we just work on putting the country back together instead of going media crazy????
    chickaboom73

Answer by chickaboom73 at 1:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Lol. This is great

They'd better NOT hunt him down. It's not dangerous at all, and if they even pick the artist up, it's a violation of his free speech.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Poor artist. He is now considered a terror suspect and Homeland Security will be pursuing him. He will probably end up in Gitmo. LOL
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• odd...the Bush one is far more...disturbing imo.

is it illegal to post flyers up around LA? i know it is here if you use glue (jessica alba got in trouble for that here a few months ago). also, it said he crashed an internet site, isnt that illegal too? so the artist wouldnt be arrested for making the posters or the image, but rather its distribution...either way its a little silly. i wish they would spend their time getting the real criminals...

also, i disagree w/ this guy: "Depicting the president as demonic and a socialist goes beyond political spoofery," says Hutchinson, "it is mean-spirited and dangerous." i dont see how a silly poster is that big a deal. some ppl need a life!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2009