A current Yahoo headline:

• Top economist says higher taxes needed for health reform.

Yahoo and the AP covering Obama's azz again today!

Do top economists also feel that the economy is way to weak after Fannie, Freddie and Barney Frank to even think about implementing a new health care debacle?

Is Oblahblah ready to go back on his "no new taxes for the middle class" pledge?

What do you think?

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 1:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• go back on it ALREADY?

I'm not taking any responsibility for his mess up, the same as I won't for Bush's mishaps. I voted for neither man, and this Oblahblah has set us up for the ultimate failure.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Of course he is and as I read this. They are reproting the biggest shortfall in taxes since the depression. Going to make it even harder to get his healthcare thru. They are now talking of going to simple reconcilliation where they will not need 60 votes to get it passed. The stirrings of a revolt are on the horizon because they are determined to pass this no matter what the people say. That is the ultimate of dictatorial control.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• THERE IS NO WAY OBAMA IS GOING BACK ON HIS PROMISE TO NOT RAISE TAXES ON THE MIDDLE CLASS!!

Until he does.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• You said it Carpy
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• He is, first and foremost, a politician. He said what he had to in order to get elected. I don't believe any candidate, Dem or Rep, when they say they aren't going to raise taxes during a campaign. Remember: "Read my lips...No new taxes." and "Some of you think I raised taxes too much. I think I did too."? It's politics as usual.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 1:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• AP ENTERPRISE: Federal tax revenues plummeting

WASHINGTON – The recession is starving the government of tax revenue, just as the president and Congress are piling a major expansion of health care and other programs on the nation's plate and struggling to find money to pay the tab.

The numbers could hardly be more stark: Tax receipts are on pace to drop 18 percent this year, the biggest single-year decline since the Great Depression, while the federal deficit balloons to a record $1.8 trillion.

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Other figures in an Associated Press analysis underscore the recession's impact: Individual income tax receipts are down 22 percent from a year ago. Corporate income taxes are down 57 percent. Social Security tax receipts could drop for only the second time since 1940, and Medicare taxes are on pace to drop for only the third time ever

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_plummeting_taxes
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• "... and as I read this, they are reporting the biggest shortfall in taxes since the depression."

It is a well-known reality that the higher the taxes are, the less the gov't actually collects. ... It is well-known to anyone who can follow a train of thought for more than 10 seconds, anyway.

Unfortunately, this fact is unhelpful to liberal agendas, so it does not get reported as the unavoidable cause-and-effect truth that it is. ...

LOWER the taxes and allow people to use their OWN money !! When we do this, we are allowing the money to be managed by millions of very motivated minds in the most efficient ways possible.

This would create more benefit than what they're doing now: scooping up the money into a gov't pool to be managed by a very FEW political cronies with uncertain levels of experience who've been appointed to carry out behind-the-scenes agendas.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Hey I DONT KNOW JUST MAYBE they should STOP SPENDING? YA THINK? MAYBE?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Unfortunately Libs don't feel that way. Really. Something in their brain keeps them from seeing the reality of things most normal people see right away. I wonder if they shouldn't give it a medical name like reality deficient or logic inefficiency. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2009