my daughter has cradle cap

is there anything for it? will it take out my daughters hair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, there are several things you can use for cradle cap. One is simple baby oil. Just rub a little bit on your baby's head. Gently brush it. It loosens it up. Some hair may come out but don't be frightened. There's also Gentle Naturals. It works the same way. Or I've been told to use Head and Shoulders. But I prefer the first two methods myself. All four of my baby's had this and it's really nothing to worry about. It's simply baby dandruff. My kids ended up growing out of it. It's annoying to look at and sometimes disturbing, but don't let it bother you. Hope this helps you out. IF not, just call your ped, they can tell you more.

my_4_beauties

Answer by my_4_beauties at 1:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I used Bag Balm on my daughter's head for cradle cap, and it cleared up in two days. You can buy it in any drugstore over the counter. I just rubbed it in (a little bit goes a long way) and combed it through. It took a few washes to get out, but it worked!
    LKRA

Answer by LKRA at 1:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• When my DD was a baby, her pediatrician said to put some baby oil and then comb it out. I've also heard to do the same with olive oil and no, your baby's hair will not fall out. Cradle cap goes away eventually.
    MOM2JEM

Answer by MOM2JEM at 1:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• my dd had cradle cap when she was two weeks old. i used babyoil and combed it out and would wash it once a week. she lost her hair on top( where she had it) but then later all of her hair fell out so im am not exactly sure if that was the cause. there are things in the baby isle of the stores but i never used them so i dont know how good they are. you could always ask you doctor but baby oil worked good for me, after a couple of weeks it was gone. good luck
    lovemybeba

Answer by lovemybeba at 1:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• my daughter had it too. At the hospital they said not to use baby oil b/c it has chemicals in it. They said to use vegitable or olive oil instead. It does the same thing and is all natural. I used the vegetable oil on my daughter and then just combed it and it worked.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• When my lil boy was brand new he had cradle cap and baby acne both pretty badly. We put baby oil on his head then an hour later gave him a bath and had to use dove soap on his head and facce. It worked in about a week and stayed clear
    kmb09

Answer by kmb09 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My DD is almost 11 months old and STILL has cradle cap. We've tried the baby oil thing and that never worked...I'm going to try some other suggestions on here.... I have to get DH to do it though, that crap creeps me out! LOL. It's just scaley and nasty, yuuuuck.
    chairhead28

Answer by chairhead28 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 5, 2009