Avocado?

I will be starting my ds on solids in a few months and have seen lots of talk about avocados. I have never eaten one and was looking at the grocery . What kind to you buy or like. There are small dark ones and big green florida avocado? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Just make sure they are ripe what ever kind you get. Usually the darker they are, the riper they are. When you press on the skin with your thumb it should give just a little and make a small indention. If you cant press on it, it isn't ready and if it feels soft to the touch it's beyond use.

As for you, you need to try one! Avacados are so yummy! Try it on a turkey and bacon sandwich, in a salad, etc. Some people eat them by themselves,but I never have, though I'll eat a whole bowl of guacamole if you let me!

good luck!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 1:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I bought the small dark ones. My daughter has avocado for her first solid and she loved it! Tastes great, good for you, what's not to like?
    LKRA

Answer by LKRA at 1:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I LOVE THE FLORIDA ONES, BUT THEN AGAIN I LIVE IN MIAMI!

Answer by older at 1:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I don't think I've ever seen a big, Florida avocado before.
    LKRA

Answer by LKRA at 1:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I buy the small dark ones. I cut it in half and then slice half of it up and sprinkle salt and eat. I wrap the other half in saran wrap and eat it the next day. I also eat them in wraps and make my own guacamole. They go bad quickly, so only buy enough to eat in a day or two. They aren't something that will last for a week or two in the fridge.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I prefer the small, dark ones. A ripe one will have some "give" when you press the skin, but will not be mushy. A produce person at the store can guide you and let you taste one.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2009