meatloaf??

How do you make a meatloaf?What do you need?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• 1.5 pounds ground meat. ( i usually do half ground beef and half boca crumbles) 2 eggs, bread crumbs, thyme, sage, oregano, garlic, pepper, worcertershire and fresh cut onions. Mix it all together. I never measure, though, sorry!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• You'll get lots of recipes, but this is what I do and I think it's pretty tasty! I don't exactly measure. I just kind of throw it all together.

Ground beef (Usually just 1 lb unless I'm feeding tons of people)
    1 package Lipton Onion Soup mix - more if you're doing 2 lbs etc.
    1 egg
    BBQ Sauce
    Tomato Sauce
    Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt
    Oatmeal (some people use bread crumbs, but I Like the oatmeal)

Mix all together with hands. (gross, yes!)

Make into a loaf or a couple small loafs

Bake at 350 for about an hour.

My MIL makes just about the same recipe but she doesn't put BBQ sauce in hers. It gives it a little tang though and I like it!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 1:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• The biggest tip I have for meatloaf is to NOT mix it with your hands. Stir it lightly with a fork, to keep it from getting dense. Makes a huge difference. Other than that my recipe is very similar to Nika's. I just use A1 instead of BBQ sauce.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• 1 lb. ground beef
    1 lb. pork sausage
    1 egg
    1/2 cup flour
    Mix well, form an oval loaf and place in baking dish. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Drain fat drippings before serving.

The pork sausage adds a lot of flavor, you don't need any seasonings. My kids LOVE this!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• 1 1/2 pounds groud beef
    2 eggs
    handful of bread crumbs ( I personally like flovried ones in mine)
    chopped onion
    ketchup
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 2:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I'll have to try not mixing it with my hands and see the difference! We've just always hand mixed it. Interesting
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• 1 lb. ground beef
    1 egg
    1/3 cup bread crumbs
    1 cup milk
    1 tbsp. worchestershire
    1/2 tsp. rubbed sage
    1/4 tsp. dried mustard
    1/8 garlic powder
    fresh sliced mushrooms
    diced green pepper

I use my kitchen aid to mix until it's all blended. Put into loaf pan and cover with ketchup. Bake at 350 for an hour. Take out, drain, place cheese on top and sliced tomatoes then bake another 15 min.

I saw a recipe that gave me the idea of skipping the green pepper and instead of using a loaf pan, slice yellow, red and green peppers into 1/2 inch rings. Stuff the rings with the meatloaf, pan fry each side, then bake to finish it off. Then I'd do the cheese & fresh tomato like usual. That would give individual servings in a pretty way.
    Sonnut

Answer by Sonnut at 6:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• 1.5 lb ground turkey (Not the 99% fat free though)
    1 onion (diced and sauteed)
    1 package Lipton vegetable soup mix
    garlic powder
    onion powder (I don't measure, probably like 1/2 tsp each)
    ground black pepper
    worcestershire sauce (about a tsp)
    mustard (about 1 tbsp)
    oatmeal or bread crumbs (about 1 cup)
    milk (1/2 cup)

Mix this all together and put in a loaf pan. Top with ketchup or bbq sauce. Bake at 350 for 1 hour 15 minutes to an hour and a half. Even my kids, who hate meatloaf, love this one.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Mines simple..
    2lbs Ground Beef
    2 eggs
    a couple of mini carrots chopped up
    green bell pepper chopped up
    shredded cheddar cheese (about 1 cup, i just eyeball it tho)

Mix all together and bake for an hour or so, take it out and add more cheese on top.. .It's SOoo good
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• 1-1/2 lb ground beef, bread crumbs. egg, parm cheese, soy sauce, salt and pepper and Lawrys, I sometimes but in chopped onions and shredded cheese. Mush together. Put in a bread pan and bake at 375 for about 45 minutes. I have also put half the meat in the pan, added thawed chopped broccoli and the rest of the meat and baked it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2009