Pain in my neck, back, side, headache, fever, chills???

Should I go to ER or Urgent care? I do not have a family dr. I have a history of high cholesterol, about 270 total. For the last four days I have had pain on the right side of my neck, back, side, and a bad headache. My fever has not gotten higher than 100.9 degreese. It decreased to very mild stiff neck yesterday but last night I woke up with severe pain in the left side of my neck, side, back, made worse when I took a deep breath. I also had a higher fever, body aches, chills. I took 800mg of Advil and it got a little better. Right now I am having a stabbing moderate pain on the left side of my neck, stiffness over my whole neck, pain over the whole part of my upper back when I take a breath, stabbing pain on the left side of my chest-where my ribs are and a fever of 99.9 degreese, hot and cold sweats, and a moderate headache. Is this just a pulled muscle or is this something Ishould go to the ER or Urgent care for?

SecretAgentMom2

Asked by SecretAgentMom2 at 1:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Health

• You need to go to the Dr! It could be something as minor as the flu, but it could also be menegitis. Your symptoms are kinda all over the place though. It is better to be safe than sorry. Do you have any sensetivity to light? If it were me, I would go get checked out. I know it's expensive, but your health is more important. Hope you feel better soon!
    TLC1977

Answer by TLC1977 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2009