Do any of you ladies use a Mac?

I just bought one a few days ago and so far i love it! but I'm having a little problem and i know there's gotta be a way to fix it but i dont know how. anyways, if any of you ladies have a Mac and transferred your files from a PC to your Mac on your own I'd like to ask for a little help.
I have some MPEG video files that my iMovies wont import. I dont know why. I have other MPEG video's in there. I thought maybe it was the size of the movie? but that doesnt seem to matter. idk.
well, thanks to any and all who leave advice.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 1:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Macs are not user friendly at all, unless you were taught on a MAC, it would be almost impossible to do it on your own. I am a PC gal myself, we had to use Macs in high school, but I would NEVER own one, I wish I could be of more assistance, try calling IT, and see if they can help you. I wonder if its possible, because I know that no programs for a PC, is compatible with a Mac- hmmm. IDK, sorry.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 1:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i have a pc my SO has i mac i just asked him and he said..google that shit...lol but then told my have to make your files mp4 formate then you can transfer them. idk know if he is right, but you cant try thats how he got imovie to work. GOOD LUCK
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 1:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• also whatyou could do was install windows on your mac that would make it more user friendly.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 1:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Actually JnCV all PC programs are compatible now. and it is very user friendly. I got my Mac up and running and working great all by myself.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i have iWork on my Mac which is compatible with word, excel and powerpoint.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• wow, I remember back when I was in High school we were taught that no PC programs responded to MAC, wow, how times change.
    sorry for my misinformation.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 1:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Are you transferring directly from a Windows hard drive, or did you transfer the files to another medium before trying to copy them to your Mac?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Try double-clicking to open one on your Mac, and see which program the OS selects to open it. If you get an error, what does it say?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• They play great in the quick time player. But i wanted to put them all in iMovie so that i could edit them and what not.
    hmmm. i guess i'll have to get a Mac friendly friend to figure it out. No worries.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• If you signed up for the Apple One on One or the Protection Plan they will do it for free (if it can be done)
    My dh has a Mac and absolutely loves going to the One on One sessions when he can. He learns so much about his Mac.
    He wasnt sure on what to tell you on your issue though, that is why he came up with this suggestion.
    Good luck!
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 2:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2009