We live in California and i am kinda wondering

what do kids do in Kindergarten these days? What is my son gonna need for school? Do they still take naps? Will he need a backpack? A binder? Any help would be great! thanks.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 1:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in

• It really depends on your school district. Some are doing full day kindergarten. Some aren't.

At my son's school, kindergarten was a half day. No nap time. Yes, he had a backpack but rarely had much in it! He didn't have or need a binder.

Our school puts out a supplies list before classes begin.

There's probably someone in the school office now...you can call with your questions. They're used to getting them! **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 4:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• no napps
    kindigarten is usually only half a school day
    maybe some FAT markers, pencils, glue sticks
    a back pack, paper, wide ruled, but the teacher will tell u what ur kid needs if anything
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I, too live in California. However, I think it depends if your son is being enrolled into public or private. My kids have gone to both Kindergarten public and private. So, in the public there was no nap....they were out by lunchtime. In private, there was a nap time or quiet time - and they were out by 3pm.
    In both public and private - I did send them with a backpack. In public, that was it though. The school provided a homework folder. In private, we supplied everything.
    Good luck!
    tami06

Answer by tami06 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I taught kinder in CA. You need a backpack and maybe a lunch box. The schools in CA provide all the crayons and papers and what not, but will be happy to accept your donation of tissues and volunteer time. It's half day, no naps, sometimes snacks.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:07 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

Next question in
i dont get it???

Next question overall (Babies (0-12 months))
when did u go back to work