Can I pick your brain?

I have 2 DD: a VERY VERY active/stubborn 2 yr old & a fairly calm and bidable 4 yr old.
In 2.5 weeks we are going to Disney for 3 days. I do have a double stroller but was hoping to only have to bring the single. Normally I hold their hands and if the 2yr old wants to wander or just 'sit' cause I won't go where she wants; I usually just pick her up and carry her. But I can't do that for 3 days @ Disney! lol
I'm concerned for when the 4 yr old is tired and wants to ride in the stroller. I've considered the harness' but I think she'll still just sit and not move if I'm not going where she wants.
Does anyone know of a good hip carrier that I could get? Any recommendations or suggestions? She weighs about 25-26lbs.
Someone suggested a sling; but I've never used one; she's REALLY squirmy; and it's going to be August in Florida! (HOT&HUMID)
Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated - thanks ladies =D

beachmamaof2

Asked by beachmamaof2 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would just take the double stroller.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• you could bring a wagon and put them in there and have a single stoller for when one whats to lay down for a while.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 1:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• double stroller is the best way to go, you can rent them there I think... you can also look for one of the child finders... it attaches to your child and you so if the child gets to far from you the alarm sounds... good safety thing... she can walk or ride and you can put your backpack in the stroller too keeping you hands free... I would get her some good shoes today and let her ware them in, get her a fanny pack with snacks and such (like a big girl) and a clip on water bottle... you can always put them in the stroller but she might want to walk more with her bling on... have fun, take a hat and sun screen...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 1:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I agree the double stroller would be best. You'd be walking all hunched by the end of those 3 days. Plus, I'm sure you will accumulate things while you are there and it will be a great place to store everything.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Rent a double stroller there and don't take any strollers with you.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Thanks for the ideas - we're going with two other families; so there will be places to store stuff. I was just dreading 'pushing' that big ole dbl seater; bleh

As for renting one; anyone know do they have straps in them; can one child lie down while the other is sitting; all I recall are those big plastic flat kind sort of like a plastic pallet with a back; lol

I was thinking I'd let her walk a bit - and then find a carrier to help hold her when she wouldn't walk...but I have only seen one that goes up to 40lbs but I think it's just for 'bigger babies' not toddlers...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• If you decide to get a carrier, get one designed for hiking with a child and goes on your back. It should be designed such that the majority of the child's weight is put on your hips/legs and not on your shoulders/back. The strap around the waist should be wide for the same reason. The downside is that putting it on and off with any degree of frequency is doing to be a bit of a challenge. try using Google to search for one as your typical baby store probably won't carry what you really need. Personally, I'd rent a double stroller. Unfortunately, I don't believe they recline at all.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009