grout. grrrr

I've bought all the sprays and some gels and tried baking soda with an old toothbrush. I am ready for some tips/suggestions please. I bought one of those scrubbing bubbles shower cleaners but had to give it to my mom... our house is from the 1920's and it didn't really work in our strange bathroom

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 1:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Use spray cleaner with bleach, or apply comet liquid to the grout. Let it sit for ten or fifteen minutes, and scrub it off with a toothbrush or scrub brush. If that doesn't do it, the grout is just too old and stained. If the grout is otherwise in good condition (not cracked and chipping), you can buy a grout paint at Home Depot or Lowe's. It gets painted onto just the grout, and seals it a bit and makes it look clean. Other than that, you may need to regrout or retile.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2009