Flower girl or Junior bridemaid?

At what age is a girl no longer "allowed" to be a flower girl? My DH and I are planning our vow renewal in 2014 and my DD will be 7 and DSD will be 12. Can My DD still be a flowergirl and wear an ACTUAL flowergirl dress? If so where can you get one that big?

belljaz

Asked by belljaz at 1:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 7 is not to old- I think between 3-7 are a good age, because at that point, the understand how to do there job. LOL my sisters wedding had a 23 month old flower girl, and all though it was ADORIBLE, she didn't get the idea behind it, and just played around, and dropped the basket and ran.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 1:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Lol yeah I thought so. Yeah my DD was our flower girl this time and she was 27 months at the time. She figured out what to halfway down the isle but ones she was done she was ALL over the place. Our photoagrapher even got a couple pictures of me looking at her in the middle of the wedding and one of me wispering at her to sit down. And yet another of her trying to climb up my leg lmao.
    belljaz

Answer by belljaz at 2:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i think 7 is fine. They will have dresses that big at almost all the reg. places to buy a flower girl dress. Be sure to check Burlington Coat factory...they have them pretty cheap throught the year, especially after 1st communion and Easter.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Oh good idea!! Thanks!
    belljaz

Answer by belljaz at 2:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i think anything under 12 they could still be a flower girl.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• So do you think my DSD could be one too? She didnt get teh chance to be one at our first and I felt so bad about that.
    belljaz

Answer by belljaz at 2:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I used this company and was very happy with the price, sizes and quality of the dresses.

http://www.cutieclothes.com/

We had my step-daughter 7 be a junior bridesmaid and had two little neices be flower girls...just bc I wanted her to be part of the ceremony more than a flower girl. There is no right or wrong...it's your wedding.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• David's Bridal also has dresses in all sizes for this...but they are a lot more expensive.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2009