Should I get the money back?

I bought a laptop a few days ago....really impulsive and kinda dumb. I'm regretting my purchase because I kind of need that money now (unexpected medical expense). I will have enough funds to buy another laptop next month but if I return the laptop I bought they will charge me a $70.00 restocking fee. Should I return the laptop eat the $70 and get a new laptop later (probably one with a bigger screen) or should I keep the laptop and struggle financially for another month?
I should add I'm a full time college student which is why I do need the laptop once school starts again in September. The money I spent on the laptop would go towards medical bills and rent.

monroesmum

Asked by monroesmum at 2:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• Return the computer. Next month ensure you have the money to KEEP the computer.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 2:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• ask to talk to the manager and see if the restocking fee can be waived
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Return the laptop and consider the $70 as a fee for learning a budgeting lesson. Pay your rent and obligations (medical bills), and save a little each month until you know you can buy the laptop and keep it.

It's lessons like this that will help you be fiscally responsible as an adult, so don't be too hard on yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• You said rent so you probably need to return it. If you can struggle and get by keeping it I would. Becuase getting a bigger screen means you will be paying more. I wouldn't advice anyone who can't cough up a few thousand for a emergency to buy more then they need. So only if you can pay you bills and scrap all luxuries for the month I would.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 6:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2009