Is it true that the more years you're married the less sex you have with your partner?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• in my experience that is a true statement

Answer by admckenzie at 2:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• NOT NECESSARILY ALTHOUGH THE OLDER YOU GET THE HARDER SOMETIMES TO GET THINGS WORKING RIGHT, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! BEEN MARRIED 38 YEARS AND OUR SEX DRIVE IS INTACT, BUT OUR BODIES DON'T ALWAYS RESPOND!

Answer by older at 2:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• True. Currently we sleep on separate beds
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It depends. My dh and I have been married 11 years and are having sex 5 or more times a week. There have been times in our marriage when we had sex much less often. I think it is normal for it to wax and wane during the course of a marriage.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I think it depends, my hubby and I have been married for almost 18 years and we have sex at least 3 times a week, sometimes more, sometimes less depending on what is going on. I can say ifwe both didnt have so much other stuff to do and 2 LO we would have it more ofter, but when they are away we have it like every night. Health issues also play a role.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I can testify to you that that is not always the case. My husband and I have been married 44 1/2 years, and that is not anywhere close to an accurate statementy about our marriage. I am quite sure that there are marriages where that is the case, but it could have to do with health issues. I tend to think that at some point in their lives, one or the other spouses walks away emotionally. There never comes a time in a marriage when you can do that if you want to enjoy the union to the full extent which was intended by our Creator. Remember Abraham and Sarah? She conceived and gave birth when she was an old woman. Granted, that took a miracle of some proportions, but I think it also is an indication of how our lives are supposed to be. Maybe I am just one of the more blessed ones. If that is true, then I am extremely grateful to the God to made me and my hubby.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• it was for me when i met my man we were in school wed have sex 6 times a day and know that we have been together for 9yrs and have two kids we have sex maybe 3-4 a week so yeah its true
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I'm getting married in 2 months and I NEVER intend to let that happen. I think a physical bond between the 2 of you is essential for you to stay connected emotionally. Don't let children, work, exhaustion or stress keep you from making love to each other.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 3:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2009