My toddler doesn't walk straight...

My DH and I noticed yesterday that our 14 month old NEVER walks in a straight line. She is always walking zig zagged and crooked. She has been full on walking for 5 months, so it's not like she's new at this. I was just wondering if this is normal, or if there could be some underlying health problem that is causing her to do this?

Thank You!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 5 months IS new at this. Give her time, this isn't abnormal.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 2:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I would do a medical check .... make sure her ears are ok, her leg/hips are in line and then I would encourage you to see an eye Dr.... if she has any vision issues a good Dr can find it... I just took mine for a regular check with a new eye dr... he found that my 16year old can not see outside of a small area... he is challenged and this could be a part of why he can only do one step at a time in an activity... your little one might not see in a Peripheral Vision... worth checking out to be on the safe side...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 2:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• 5 months really isn't that long to have been walking. Toddlers toddle! I'd keep an eye on it but wouldn't worry too much about it unless she starts falling down constantly (toddlers always fall down some). Worse case, as your pediatrician on your next visit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2009