make a confession.....of a 'bad' mom

My 2 year old son still has his milk in a bottle when he is really upset!
It seems to be the only thing that I can do to calm him down.
I am a 'bad' mom

your turn..........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I spank my sons when they need one...I used a child harness....my kids ate Doritos last night...I'll post anon so nobody calls CPS on me!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• my 2 year old dd still sleeps with her binky cause i give in and hand it to her when she cries and wont go to sleep with out it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• these things are so funny people say 'OH ONE TIME I CUT HER NAILS TOO SHORT AND SHE BLED IM A HORRIBLE PERSON!' and 'ONE TIME JUNIOR FELL OFF THE COUCH' and the ver popular 'SHE HIT HER HEAD ON A CORNER!'

watch how many of those you get i always laugh. doing those things does NOT make you a 'bad mom'
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i have 2 step children
    we have 50% of time
    sometimes i am very glad when they go to their mom's for the week
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I shout at my dd when I get frustrated! I feel really bad afterwards
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• the emotional well being of our children give them the needed safety feeling, however I would start to give him drinks in a cup... a child's language development needs the tounge and lips to learn to speek, he needs to drink from a cup... let him help you find a toy or blanket to hold to support his emotional needs and let him help you toss the bottle in the trash... then help him bond to the object he picked... he can have it anytime he needs it too... not just when he is upset... good luck
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 2:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I told my DD she was getting fatter.She is over weight and I try to help her but she sneaks in to everything and wont stop so I got mad and told her she is getting fatter. I try never to tell her that because of her feelings and she is already depressed. YES I AM A BAD MOM.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I often cry too much around my son and spend a lot of time fighting on the phone with my bf. My son does not get the attention he needs when I am like this or depressed. I am a "worthless mom"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I demand my sons say "yes ma'am/sir, no ma'am/sir, please, thank you"; hold the door for people, smile, write thank you notes, they didn't get cell phones until they could pay for them, they had a curfew, we intervened in picking friends when needed, and accept responsibility for their own mistakes AND THEN fix those mistakes. I get grief all the time for being "old fashion" and not raising my sons in the 21st century world. Whatever!!!!!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• wow i was wrong! last time this was asked those are the responses people gave! keep them coming ladies, i do half these things things daily ;] (i'm embellishing don't shoot me)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2009