Crawling before sitting up?

Did anyone's LO crawl before they sat up on their own? My 5 mos. old is very close to crawling. She gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth and bounces. But she doesn't seem anywhere near sitting up on her own, although she flexes her abs and tries really hard. Is it possible to crawl before sitting up? I always thought babies sat up first.

danielp

Asked by danielp at 2:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it's possible but honestly my son did that whole on all fours with the rocking and the bouncing bit for nearly two monthes before he finally crawled and by then he had learned to sit up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My oldest started crawling at 5 1/2 month but didn't sit up until 7 months so it's definitely possible!
    audreybreier

Answer by audreybreier at 3:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• YES! My oldest just wanted to be mobile. He crawled before he could sit up too.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 1:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2009