Has anyone made a diaper cake? Are they hard to make?

iamcodysmom

Asked by iamcodysmom at 2:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• there was one at my baby shower, looked really simple
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I don't know if this will work but here's a pic

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/68/l_123a3bb199fd4e2281ebf48e99838a84.jpg
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I received one made out of washcloths and baby towels...it was really neat and held together with those lil ducky safety pins...might be an easier alternative.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 2:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• it is sooooo easy. trust me.go on youtube.com and type in diaper cake.they show you how to make it.it looked simple yet hard but its really easy.good luckk!
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 2:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I didn't have the directions so I used a couple of my spring form cake pans minus the bottom to hold things in. Then I put a rubberband around the diapers and slid the pan sides off and wrapped the ribbon around, sewed it in place and removed the rubberbands. Since I have 4 sizes of pans it works well for any cake up to 4 tiers. The center of the diaper cake was a Johnson and Johnson baby gift set.(lotion, bath wash, shampoo, and desetin cream) the set is in a bag with a tie so the top sticks out to make a neat cake top. You can put anything inside the diaper circle and decorate with rubber ducks, flowers, teething rins, rattles.......
    The simple ones are cheaper. The more you add, the more you need to charge.
    It also makes a great center piece for a baby shower.
    prissmom

Answer by prissmom at 8:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2009