Crib rails?

My son is 11 days away from his 1st birthday- definately not ready to leave his crib. However, he keeps sticking his legs through the crib rails and getting his poor feet stuck. Then, he screams until I run back and free him, and it takes another 90 minutes to get him back down. I took the bumper pad out, but put it back in because it didn't stop this. It has me on edge because I usually have to let him fuss when I put him down anyway and now I'm paranoid that I'll miss it and he'll hurt his leg. Did anyone else have this problem?

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son did the same thing. He woud literally sleep with his feet stuck out through the rails. Only once did he get stuck such that he couldn't get his feet out. I suspect your son will figure out how to get himself unstuck. Like you, I left the bumpers to help limit the problem. You might also look into a crib tent. It's intended to stop kids from climbing out but it would also stop your son from sticking his feet out.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 2:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Time for a regular bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• We never took the bumper pad out; so it wasn't an issue.

OneStepAhead.com sells a mesh breatheable bumper pad that will be safe but prevent his feet from going thru the bars accidentally. If he's doing it on purpose I got nothing for you! lol sorry =D Good Luck
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Hey thanks :-) I've never heard of a crib tent, I know someone who could use that. And I'll check into the mesh bumper pad. That may work. does it cover the entire crib then?
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 9:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2009