what would u want ur husband to miss?

My husband is fixing to sign up for the army and we were ok w/ him leaving in Feb. We just found out that we r preggo and due in March, he has an option to leave in Oct. for b/c & school. So my question is would you rather your dh miss thanksgiving & Christmas or the birth of your child??? We have 2 other children boy 7 & girl 2 thanks a bunch for your opinions

mdhart03

Asked by mdhart03 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• since you have other kids i'd say have him home for christmas as long as you have family that can be with you during birthing
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• well both the options stink. I hope you have close family nearby to support you in what ever decision you make. I think I would rather him leave now than later I guess. I think its important he see the birth of all his kids and stay and support you during that time. What a decision blah.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i agree withh above.they both suck.but the birth of your child is truly mostly important.he can maybe send his wishes with a webcam or something during the holidays.have a lot of family .
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 2:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• oh yeaand there will be more christmas's and thanksgivings but only 1 birth of your newborn.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 2:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I would not want him to miss the birth of his child. That is something the two of you can NEVER get back or get to do again...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Honestly - He would miss me- I would be filing for divorce if my DH ever even thought of leaving me for the military!

But, as an answer. The birth is more important. We don't really do anything for the holidays anyway, and if you do, chances are there is lots of other family around. Plus you get holidays every year. But the birth of a child is a once and only once kind of thing!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Christmas and Thanksgiving. All births are different so you will want him there!
    Congrads on the new career and thank you to your hubby for wanting to serve!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 8:39 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

Sabrina- be more respectful, there are many military families on here.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 8:40 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Just got some GREAT news, the recruiter told my husband if he goes to boot camp in October he gets 2 weeks off at Christmas, so I can have him home for Christmas & the birth, I am so excited, it's all seeming to work itself out!!!!
    mdhart03

Answer by mdhart03 at 12:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2009