how do u let go?

i asked a question earlier and realized you all were right and i need to leave the guy that I'm only having sex with. but i don't know how. i have a hard time letting go. i really like him and i understand he was in a bad relationship for 5 yrs. so it makes me want to wait till hes ready but its not good for me ill just be hurt in the long run. I'm in love with him and he SAYS he loves me and is in love with me but isn't ready to have all the bf girlfriend drama. i just don't know what to do. part of me says let go the other says don't HELp PLEASE

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• The answer to your question is simple. Please dont take this too personally, but it sounds like you lack a lot of self-esteem. Yea, I said it. Here you are sleeping with this man & giving him your goods & for what exactly? You need to seriously consider this one question:

why am I allowing this man to have the full benefits when he isn't even willing to invest anything into being with me?

NEWS FLASH ---- he's playing you!! Of course he's going to tell you he doesn't want a commitment with you if you're already giving up the goods without any requirements first.
    You need to respect yourself enough to put your foot down in situations like this. Why do this to yourself? Too many women fall into this type of problem when all we really need to do is make sure the men we decide to date are worthy of having us in bed.. that means wait until u know he's right for you BEFORE you sleep w/him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• you have to leave. you need someone who will love you and be a good man to you. Please dont lenger around for him. He needs to be a man and be there for you but he isnt so dump him now. He is hurting you by telling you he isnt ready so dont worry about hurting him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• him saying tht hes not ready for the drama?why would that be a main concern.he doesnt even noe if there will be drama.you need to look 4 a real man stop messin with that little boy.im sure you can do better.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 2:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• He's feeding you a line about loving you. He wants his cake and eat it too. You deserve better!
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Are you the anon that is pregnant and you don't know how to tell him?
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 3:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• doodle... i think i am lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• what do YOU want? I have a sex only relationship and it's great. My guy wouldn't know how to have a real relationship even if I read him instructions. What we have works for us. I have tried to leave but am miserable without the jerk so I have learned over the years to accept him as he is and he tolerates me! lol We are polar opposites and I drive him nuts. He's a hard core military dude and I'm more of the free spirit hippy type and it just gets crazy sometimes but most of the time we can laugh about it. At least your's says he loves you. The best i get out of mine after several years is "I don't dislike you". LOL, he's a hoot!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2009