my son fights sleep help???

My son is 22 months old and at night he will lay in bed and cry for hours on end until he falls asleep. Normally it wouldnt bother me but its getting to where he will cry from 8- 10 and i am pregnant and it stresses me out. When he gets like this i try and hold him but he wont let me. Does anyone know anything i can do to help him go to sleep more easy.

proudmama930

Asked by proudmama930 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• a routine is good. i won't lie, it's going to be hard at first. my first slept so well that i didn't have to do anything and when my second came along it drove me crazy. but once i started giving her a bath at night before bedtime (with johnson johnson lavendar bedtime wash :-D) and feeding her she's full, content and knows it's time to go to sleep. at first she hated it but it starts dawning on her that this is going to happn and she can't do anything about it lol
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 3:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Hmm, sounds like my daughter! She is 21 mos and I put her to bed at 9, she cries, screams, plays, sings and everything else until midnight NO MATTER WHAT!!! We do a bath right after dinner, lotion, massage, 3-8 books (varies on how late it is getting) and I turn the light off, try to rock her to sleep but then she just want to play! She'll close her eyes and say "peek a boo!" suddenly and it scares the CRAP out of me!! I have been very unsuccessful these last few weeks at getting her to sleep before midnight!!
    It is starting to sound like a stage to me if your toddler is doing it too! GL! please let me know if you find a "cure"
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2009