Increased Braxton Hicks...

So I am 39 weeks and 2 days pregnant. About a week ago I lost my mucus plug and have been having various signs and symptoms of nearing the end.

I've been nesting like crazy, having irregular Braxton Hicks contractions, crazy mood swings and I was sick as hell for a day.

I know none of these things means I'm "in" labor but I also know if means my body is preparing.

This morning I have had more Braxton Hicks contractions then I've had in the last 4 days.
Is this something anyone else experienced before going into labor?
Sometimes they feel much more intense than others, to the point of them actually hurting a bit.

So far there's been no specific amount of time between them, just every so often I have to sit down or stop what I'm doing because my whole belly tightens up.

There have been a few that I feel all the way around to my back. Those ones suck.

Any insight?

Laila-May

Asked by Laila-May at 2:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If the contractions start at your back and wrap to the front then those are not false contractions. Keep track of them, even if they vary from 3-5 minutes in length. If they are that steady then write them down. Keep track of how long you have felt like this. Keep walking, drink more water.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2009