if i am pregnant.....omg.....

i have two boys and with my last son i had ges diabetes.....my question is if i am pregnant will i def have it with this one? or will i get lucky and not get it i hated having it and i was scared for my baby since i LLLLOOOOOVEEE sweets and bread but i did good but i only had to do it for like 4 weeks and i know the doc will test me asap i dont know if i could go 38 weeks with no sweets :( but a baby is relying on me so i have to im just currious if any of u have had ges diabetes before with one pregnancy and then again...but heck i dont even know if a am yet i just have tons of things running through my head since my yongest will be barly truning 6 months eeekkk

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have GD for this pregnancy and I am the same way! I love sweets and all I wanted was bread and cinnamon buns! It's been really hard transitioning.

I think your chances of getting it again are definitely increased but it's not a "for sure" that you will have it again.

A friend of mine had GD with her first born but not with her second.
    You never know!

I hope if you are pregnant that you will be as lucky as my friend was!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I cant say if you will or not but I have heard people not having with the first kids and then getting it with the others. So I guess its possible to go the other way. Ask your doc about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2009