Would you take your kids to Vegas?

My hubs and I have a time share in Vegas and have yet to use it this year. We *could* exchange and try to go somewhere else but money wise I just don't think we can afford it. We could drive to Vegas and then be able to drive around Nevada ect, see the Grand Canyon and stuff. What do you think, would you take your kids there?

Erica912

Asked by Erica912 at 2:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Travel

• Yes we would, but only because my FIL lives there. We would stay with him and his wife and they'd watch the kids so my husband and I could go out at night. But during the day we'd do more family oriented type things. We've discussed it and we were supposed to go this summer, but I'm pregnant again and we'd rather save our money and go next year.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 2:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• as long as you're not on the strip and they can't see all the porn there
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It is REALLY expensive...I haven't taken my DD but when I was a kid we used to go ALL the time...We had a blast riding all the rides in Luxor, doing Treasure Island, and all the animal stuff at the Mirage.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• oh yeah!!!!! there are a LOT of things for kids to do in vegas! i would!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Any yes to the above we would see the occasional flyer with a naked woman on it but we were kids and could care less.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• yes, the road trip can make alot of good bonding ... they will learn alot and get to see so many thing in the vegas area.... have fun
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 3:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• we have gone often, we would go to all the places the kids love, like the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay, the Egyptian tombs at the Luxor (don't know if they still have that), go bowling (they rent shoes for toddlers and have lighter balls for kids), the movies, there are rides that kids can get on like the log ride and some others at Buffalo Bill's, magic shows that kids love, there is also a must see at MGM, its called the SECRET GARDEN AND DOLPHIN HABITAT, there are of course dolphins, gardens, they even have lions, panthers, monkeys, cheetahs, and of course the white tigers, you can get really close to the dolphins and even touch them. By the time you do all of those things, and go out to eat, we'd go back to the hotel when the kids are ready to rest and me and hubby would take turns to go down to casino for 20-30 min each.
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 4:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• btw, grand canyon isn't really all that close to vegas, you should really take several days for the grand canyon on its own, we actually went for 4 days to GC and we didn't see everything, surprisingly there is a lot to do there
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 4:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I would not bring a child to the strip. That said, there is a lot to do in the area. Red Rocks park has amazing wonders; the Hoover dam is fascinating.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Well yes, I brought my son here a few times before I moved here! Believe it or not, there are plenty of kid-friendly things to do all over Vegas, and even on the strip. I have tons of suggestions, if you want. My kids are 4 and 7 and we always find something fun to do here.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2009