what would u do if....?

what would u do if u had a friend that u sleep with and you dont use a condom so the question came of what happens if we get pregnant..And he told u that he would take the kid and he would raise it bc he doesnt want anyone rasing his kids. would u tell him ur pregnant or would u hide it and have the baby and keep it urself or would u tell him its someone elses?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• what?? HIS kids? does he carry the baby? does he birth the baby? NO okay i jjust had to get that off of my chest...okay you will have to tell him..its just not right to keep something like that form him. but he CANT just take the baby. he cant so thats not really a concern. but if it were me if i wasnt pregnant i would cut off the sleeping together part...he doesnt seem like a great guy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Im confused. He would raise it with you? Why would you hide it if you had help from someone that is the childs FATHER? Hiding a baby from their Dad is really wrong unless there were some extreme circumstances.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• OP... no he doesnt want my help. he said if it happened he would take it from me. and he would rasie it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• He couldn't take the baby away unless he took you to court and proved you are an unfit mother. Somehow I don't think a judge would grant him sole custody if the basis of his argument is "I' don't want anyone else raising my kid but me." Just curious, after learning this, are you going to continue to sleep with this guy?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Thats weird as hell. If I guy told me that I would run far far away from him. And he can't take it...your the mother
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• He isn't a "friend" I assure you. He CANNOT just take the child and raise it. Those are just words that will make your life complicated- which is why people are taught safe sex practices. He shouldn't have been having sex with anyone if he is so determined that nobody else is going to raise "his" kids. His statement is extrememly immature. You should probably give him the option of being in the child's life but because it took both of you to make the child he'll have to soon realize that it isn't his choice or option to just have the child to raise by himself. AND whatever you do- don't marry this guy. Unless of course you want to be used again and have the complications of divorce and so on added to the problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• You describe him as a friend, not boyfriend, so I'm guessing that you were casually having sex with him, right? As in no big commitment. (Please clarify if you love him, are in love with him, and want a future with him...) If you are in an uncommitted relationship, when you have the baby, you can raise the baby, you can require him to pay child support, but he can get visitation. My advice to you is to consult with an attorney so that he cannot tell you things to scare you when he doesn't have a legal leg to stand on. Can you hide it from him? Probably not for long? Are you still with him? BTW, Is he possessive of you or abusive of you in any way? Do you fear him at all?
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 3:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• OP- we use to date but decided to be friends and hAve sex. no im not goin to sleep with him any more. i dont know if i love him any more or what im so confused! no he doest scare me. hes not abusive in any way
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• He can't take your child unless you say it's ok. If i wanted to keep the baby i would. If not, I'd give it to him.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2009