Do you/ have you ever used reuseable shopping bags?

And I mean for actual shopping purposes, as in taking them with you to the store to bring home your purchases.

rachel92782

Asked by rachel92782 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes all the time
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I do that frequently.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yes! I like them. They fit a lot more stuff in them, easier to carry, less painful to carry, and they don't break!

Most stores here are used to you bringing in ones from other stores as well.
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 3:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yes, all the time. I get tired of pitching the plastic ones.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yes, I have about 15 in the trunk of the car. I also have five others that I use for other things, like a diaper bag, taking packages to the post office, etc. I love those bags.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i don't use them for my reg grocery shopping b/c i don't have near enough of them. but for just running into a grocery store or target or something to pick up a few things i'll use them. i use them more around the house for the kids stuff, as overnight/day bags when they spend the day w/grandma and need more than a diaper bag will carry, at the library, taking books to used book stores etc...when i go grocery shopping i go to the commissary and they still have paper bags so i get those b/c those i can use more than plastic. and i don't throw out the plastic i reuse them as trash bags in the bathrooms/car, or when i sell things on craigslist, or give things to friends i use the plastic to hold stuff. that way i'm not just wasting them.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• yep, but I admit not all the time. I don't have very many yet so if I am buying a lot I will forego them. I have one that clips to my purse that unfolds for when I make a quick stop, and I got my husband one to keep in his motorcycle saddle-bags for those times when he is riding and stops to pick something up.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 3:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I do 90-95% of the time. I try to have extras in the car but somehow that never works. I also carry a messenger bag and small purchases get shoved in there. Makes people look at me funny, but I don't really care.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• yes, all the time. Here in Ireland there is a hefty tax on plasic shopping bags and we are left with no other choice than to use re-usable shopping bags all the time - which is a good thing.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 3:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yep, I use them all the time. I have four from Walmart and I take them to whatever store I am going to and use them to bring home my groceries. I need to get some more, but everytime I go to get them they seem to be out!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2009