Do you think he really wants to be with me or do you think he is just afraid to be alone?

So my dh has ptsd he is also an angry person who has been in thearapy since he was 5. He is very mean and says hurtful things to me everyday. For example i get called retarded all the time cause i never finished high school or i get called a bitch cause i dont take his crap. he complains about my autistic daughter screaming when neither i nor she can help it.He has told me he knows he's an angry person and he will never change but that is who i married. The other day he hurt me purposely even though we were just playing around and i told him im done and he told me to get the paper work and as i was packing he told me he doesnt want to get divorced.This is almost an everyday thing and i have gotten councling for our marriage but he refuses to go and wants me to just deal with his crap cause he says he's a dick and im a bitch so were perfect.But im only a bitch cause im sick of his crap. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Has he ever gotten counseling for your marriage. He has to change for it to work. It sounds like he just wants you to "tow the line" and do as he says.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• no he wont get counseling
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• then it sounds like he doesn't want to change or fix anything
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• he says he does and he loves me with all his heart but i feel he is lying
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• if he was being honest he would be willing to do whatever it takes to fix the problems you have if he is unwilling well theres your answer
    jendramis

Answer by jendramis at 3:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• he says he wont go to thearapy because he is leaving in 4weeks for iraq and there is no point. do you think thats right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Honey, you said it yourself, he's sick and he's mean. Is this who you want to grow old with? Don't you want somebody that's gonna treat you nicely and be a good role model for your daughter? Why are you short changing yourself? Move on...he's not willing to get serious help. Why let him drag you down? There are better men out there, leave this mean guy, heal and allow yourself to find a nicer man.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• it sounds like you need to take a break and figure things out

Answer by admckenzie at 4:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2009