How old should a child be before you put them in a baby swing at the park?

My daughter is seven months old. I've been wanting to go to the park with her to watch other kids play, but I'm not sure how old she should be before she can swing in the safety swings. Hmmm : /

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 3:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• as long as she can hold her head up unassisted and dit somewhat upright, go ahead. We took ours around the same age. Just don't push too hard or high.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• We took our son around 7 months and he loved it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i agree with Jademom07. as long as the child can sit up or hold her head up than it's fine. you don't wanna whiplash your kids ya know.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 3:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yeah, she can sit unassisted for long periods of time and she's been holding her head up since birth, lol. I just didn't know if there were size restrictions or anything.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Good question. I'd be scared to put dd in a regular swing. I think some parks have swings that are more enclosed...sort of looks like a diaper.
    momsc

Answer by momsc at 3:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Ugh I just typed and it didn't post lol

Some parks have swing seats that look like convertible carseats (only way I can explain). If it was warm out I would've put my son in that when he was like 5 months but I live in Seattle so only warm days are summer. Anyway, if it's the black, bucket looking seats I'd say as soon as they can sit up some. The backs come up kinda high so they don' t have to be super pros
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I am above. I didn't mean to hit anon
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• my son is almost 9 months and sunday was the first time he has swung... he hated it. lol I would have put him in it sooner, but we never went to the park. :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• We did it at about 7 months. As long as she can sit up well, she should be fine. I bet she'll love it! Our son just CRACKS UP in the swing.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:02 AM on Aug. 5, 2009