• In the Spotlight:

What is the best?

What is the best product you have bought that you (or your baby) uses that you just don't know what you would do without it?

Recently my husband went out and bought me a baby carrier so I could get more things done. I love my daughter to death but it was impossible to do any housework while holding her close to me.. and it broke my heart to hear her cry for me when I wasn't holding her. So this works well for us both.. We both still get our sweet bonding time and I get to get some stuff done around the house. She sleeps very comfortably in it. loving it so far..

Faeriebrat

Asked by Faeriebrat at 3:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• A walker my mom got at the consignment shop.

We were against walkers until my mom got it for our daughter. Thing is, we don't have steps in our house and the area she rolls around in is baby-proofed. She loves having independence and being able to look at what she wants when she wants.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I'm going to go with baby wipes. They are the greatest thing EVER!!! LOL. I didn't really like my sling too much and my kids aren't big on being trapped in anything (stroller, carseat, backpack w/"leash", etc)...so definitely baby wipes!
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 3:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• When I had babies all we needed was a crib, bureau, swing, walker, high chair, and car seat. All the other items are just dust collectors in my opinion. The swing, walker, and high chair came in handy at different stages of growth, but the swing was used since birth and helped immensely with calming a baby when trying to get things done. We had one of those old wind up ones and the ticking noise actually lulled the baby.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:49 AM on Aug. 5, 2009