Why am I scared to leave the house alone?

Hi, I have a baby that I would like to take for a walk. I am a SAHM an I know my town is pretty safe, but I'm still scared to leave with my baby in the stroller. I think Im a bigger target for murderers and rapists when I have a little baby with me. How can I get over this fear? I'm sick of being stuck in the house!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you know any other mothers in your area that stay at home and have kids in strollers. Maybe you can get together with one of them and take walks and what not. Then once you are with someone you might feel a little better about going on your own. Just make sure you have a cell thats easy to get to and or mase for protection. Also you can always scream!!
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 3:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• If your town and streets are pretty safe, I wouldn't worry too much. Just be aware of your surroundings. Maybe you could start small like just going up and down your street or take a friend with you. You could also wear your baby so baby is closer to you.
    momsc

Answer by momsc at 3:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i agree go short distances or maybe take a friend until your comfortable
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I agree, try going with a friend until you get more comfortable, and start with short distances. It's normal to feel protective and get all Momma Bear. I get that way when I see shady looking people, and I am alone with my son. Yes, we're a target, but you can't let it keep you (or him) from experiencing the world. You can do it!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:00 AM on Aug. 5, 2009