Why I don't get pregnant? Do I need to be in treatment?

I have a 20 month old baby, my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant and we haven't had the luck. We haven't stop trying since a month later that the baby was born. What can I do? We really want to have another baby.

Kathy1978

Asked by Kathy1978 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I love questions like these....All I can say is stop trying!! Your stressing yourself out with it. And thats not good for trying to get pregnant. My husband and I tried and tired and tired. All our friends told us not to try. So we made love like we didnt have a reason to and OMG it was great. Then about 2 months later I found out that I was pregnant
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 3:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Just keep trying. That's the fun part anyway! :) When it is meant to be it will be. If not naturally then try fostering/adoption.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• So you've been trying to conceive for 19 months? I'd go to your OB/GYN and get some tests done. I have a three and a half year old and have been TTC for over a year, turns out I'm no longer ovulating for some reason, so they have started me on medication that will prompt my system to ovulate.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Are you breastfeeding?
    megatriguena

Answer by megatriguena at 3:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Or if you're not currently breastfeeding did you? Bc this changes the question just a bit as conceiving while BF is going to be difficult.
    megatriguena

Answer by megatriguena at 3:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I would go and get everything checked out just in case. But in the meantime I would look at your diet. I am also ttc and I have been reading a lot about how your diet can help/hurt your chances of concieving. Like are you drinking a lot of caffine? That can cause the egg to have difficulty implanting because it constricts the blood vessels. And for some reason even the smallest amount of caffine can hurt tsome women's chances. I have also read that there seems to be a lot of sucess in whole milk products. For some reason the fat in the milk can help encourage pregnancy (limit to one whole milk serving a day). Good luck
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 5:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Possibly. I have tried to conceive a baby naturally for the last seventeen years (more aggressively in the earlier years). No, I have never been on birth control either. My only child is seventeen years old.

Because I've never conceived, my life naturally steared toward work, and my life has been consumed. Just last year, I was in love with a man and tried again without any success. I think my chances are near non-existant. So I'm trying another path in life.

To make things short, go to the doctor and get help having a baby before your years of "trying" are consumed by other things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I have a daughter who is almost 3. Hubby and I started TTC since she turned 1. Still nothing here too :(
    Jen110786

Answer by Jen110786 at 9:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2009