Hi all!! I need to find a preschool for my 3yr old daughter!

Hi!
I'm a resident of Crown Point, indiana and I need to find a preschool that will meet my daughter's needs. Not something too structured, but that she can learn to be social and the basics like ABC's and 123's completely.
The problem is, she's not fully potty trained, so I know that's a requirement for some schools. Pls let me know if you have any recommendations?

AmyK1227

Asked by AmyK1227 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in

• Have you contatcted the school yet? sometimes preschools can fill up early. Then ask the question about not fully potty trained.. Sometimes knowing that the other little girls are using the potty can help your daughter learn quicker. some are just ready before others.
    Don't wait any longer to look into a preschool or you may be out of luck. The good ones do fill up early especially if they are well known. I am not an Indiana resident, but if your first choice doesn't happen, try a Christian preschool. They should be more lenient with the potty training issue. Some also depends on State regulations. Good Luck.
    seasidegrandma

Answer by seasidegrandma at 5:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I worked as a preschool teacher for a few years, and usually we liked them to be potty trained by 3 years old. We of course, would work with the parents on this to make the transition as easy as possible. I taught three and four year olds, and they learned ABC's , counting to 20, memorized some simple poems, we sang, we danced, we watched Disney DVD's. It was fun for most of the kids. Not all...Please keep this warning in mind-----wherever you put her, be sure to drop in for "surprise" visits to the daycare. There should Always be an OPEN Door policy for the parents or guardian to be able to drop in unannounced to see what and how his/her child is doing.
    That is sooooo important.....Good Luck finding a Daycare you love
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2009