Friend Suggestions on Facebook

Does anyone know how these work? I know that people can suggest friends to you. I understand that. I also know that if you have a friend in common with someone it will suggest that person to you because you may know them as well.

But, yesterday my ex boyfriend showed up on my friend suggestion box. I logged in and the first thing I see is my suggestion area and it's my ex! Weird. I clicked on him and he must've just joined because he didn't even have any friends yet. I didn't think we'd have any friends in common anyway because we were from 2 different areas. Anyway, so I was trying to figure out how he got there with us having no friends in common, not going to the same school etc.

Maybe he searched me and since he did facebook suggested him to me??

Not a big deal, just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It happened with my ex bf...I am married now and have the same issue...he lives in different area then me and he popped up. I thought it was odd how did facebook know I knew him in the past. WOW how odd. We dont even have any friends in common and I dnt talk to him anymore. havent for yrs. Its just ofdd he came up like your ex did. wow I wonder how they did that, good question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• That is soo wierd.. i signed up for facebook for the first time last week and my SO showed up.. how did they know? thats how i found out he had one he lied and told me he didn't and facebook outed him...wierd it's kinda creepy i haven't used it since
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2009