Any advice for a new mom?

Laurensmommy194

Asked by Laurensmommy194 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sleep whenever the baby sleeps. Let the housework slid until your new little one sleeps at least 6 hours in a single stretch at night. Don't let it overwhlem you, it will get easier. And Enjoy! Its an amazing adventure!
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Breastfeed, co-sleep, wear your baby in a sling, never be too proud to ask for help, never refuse someones offer to help you with the cleaning/cooking, don't let anyone persuade you to give you baby formula, and sleep when baby sleeps! Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• depends on what type of advice you want! :) i think my best advice to give you is.... expect the unexpected. just when you think you have everything is order.... something gets out of order! So expect it :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• oh god anon, she didn't ask about f*cking formula or breast feeding, shut up

if you formula feed it's YOUR choice geeeze ingore her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Wait, so we're not even allowed to reccomend breastfeeding to a new mom who asked for advice?
    Formula feeders have gotten so freaking pushy - give us a break!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• suggest it but don't say "don't let anyone talk you into ffding"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• When you get overwhelmed and your baby wont stop crying for no apparent reason...put the baby in the crib and walk away.
    Calm down, then go back.

And I agree, don't let anyone make you feel bad if you either choose not to breast feed or can't for whatever reason.
    I personally wasn't producing so I had no choice but to formula feed and actually it worked out great because then my DH could get up with the baby too.

Don't be afraid to ask for help if you feel overwhelmed or even just sad.

Enjoy every minute of having a tiny, snuggly baby because before you know it they're two and a half and are far too busy for constant cuddles! lol
    :)
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I think that my mother in law gave me the best advice, Do what you feel is right. What ever choice you make; breastfeeding or formula, disposable or cloth diapers, co-sleep or not, it's the right choice for you.
    rpggurleli

Answer by rpggurleli at 4:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009