Have you ever nursed your baby to make them sleep longer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you mean like when the baby wakes up at night or early in the morning and you lay down and nurse the baby until the baby goes back to sleep? Yes, I've done that. It's great for getting a few extra hours of sleep in the morning.

I've also woken my son up just before I went to bed, to nurse him before I go to sleep. So if he went to sleep at 7PM, I'd wake him up for a feed at 10PM just before I went to sleep, and then he'd tend to wake up 3 or 4AM at instead of midnight for his next feed.

I see nothing wrong with keeping your baby in sync with you. Helps you be better rested without resorting to bottles or formula.
    Gruntlings

Answer by Gruntlings at 5:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• elaborate please.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Heh heh. They sleep longer when THEY are ready to. What you do doesn't make much difference.

Nurse till baby comes off on his own.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My son likes to cluster feed and BF every hour for a few hours in the evening and then he will sleep 5-6 hours.
    ariesfool

Answer by ariesfool at 8:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Do you mean to put them back to sleep during a nap? Yes. It works well!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:57 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• sometimes, i put baby in bed w/ me and just let him nurse as long as he wants. i get more sleep that way too.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 12:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2009