Baby shower question! What would you do in my situation?

I had my son Feb 2008, and had a shower May 2008. I'm due in November. Is September appropriate to have a shower or should I wait until after she is born like I did with my son?

MommyKKay

Asked by MommyKKay at 4:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I prefer to have the shower before the baby is born so I'll have time and energy to sort out presents and decide what else do I need for his/her arrival. Since every life is unique and every pregnancy is different, go with what you want to do and enjoy it mama.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 4:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i had my baby shower saturday & i'm not due until september
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Showers are supposed to be before the baby is born. If you have the party after the baby is born then it's more of a welcome party. If you are referring to it as a shower then you have it before the birth.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• in the old days the baby showers were after the baby because they did not know what they were having. Now its before the baby , But in germany they do it after the baby I have family there thats how I know that. Its up to you. But Um having my 1st baby I thought you only have 1 baby shower per life time.LOL. ? Is this true?
    MrsNewMom

Answer by MrsNewMom at 4:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• my shower is this august 30th im due nov 10
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I am due September 22nd and had a shower on June 7th and one on July 11th. The reason I had two is bc my family is in New York and my husband's family is in Virginia and we live in the middle of the country- Kansas.
    MaWolf

Answer by MaWolf at 4:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• im due november 2 and im gonna have mine sept 26.. usually a month to two months prior is a good time so that way you have enough time to get everything else you dont get at your shower
    raehope

Answer by raehope at 4:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Whatever you all want to do I think you should have it before baby but if you don't want to have it after. Congrats on the new LO on the way. All the best to you and your family.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• well my son came early and he had his baby shower a week later and it was great everyone was happy to see the baby and not have to wait any longer
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 4:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2009