Normal potty training sequence?

My son is 19 months old, and for the last few weeks we have been taking him into the bathroom to flush the poopies. He gets really excited about it, loves to open the lid and waves bye-bye as he flushes it. Now it's even getting to where he says poop before he does it, and he gets super cranky if he's somewhere other than home when he's ready to poop, and he seems to do it within a half-hour after waking up in the morning. So I'm going to go buy him a potty chair today, but I'm super nervous because he's never done anything with pee-pee. He doesn't know when he needs to do it, doesn't really seems to understand he can control that part. My question is, is this a normal sequence of events? I always thought potty training went pee-pee first, then they learned to do poops later. But he's doing it the other way around. I'm just curious if anyone else's kids have done it this way, and how it worked out for you. Thanks!

Mommy2Nikolas

Asked by Mommy2Nikolas at 4:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well while he's pooping, he will pee too like most of us do & then praise him for both :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It's the normal sequence of events for him. Just go with HIS flow (no pun intended)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2009