baby carriers

Okay I have bought 2 of the walmart cheapies, and they suck. baby hangs down and it breaks my back. Im not into those sling things that wrap all around you, I dont want to learn to put it on, lol.

Anyways I ran into a mom wearing an ergo baby carrier on her back and I want one. But they are soooooo expensive.

is there any other brands that others think are just as good for a little less? i want a back one.
thanks

c2customs

Asked by c2customs at 4:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• True, the Ergo is rather expensive, but so worth it. I got mine used (but in like new condition) from Craigslist.
    momsc

Answer by momsc at 4:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Ergos are absolutely wonderful. But, if you have the knack for it, looking into a mei -tai would be good. It has a similar structure and you just tie it. Also, peanut shells and hotslings are nice for front carries. If you're really cheap, just buy a good length of cheap fabric and make a wrap. I'm pretty sure the baby wearer site has lots of good examples of how to do it. Good luck! :)
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 5:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2009