why is my 3month old fighting sleep?

she's tired...I can see it in her eyes, so why is she fighting it? what can I do to make her fall asleep?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• omg i have the exact same question ive been looking for a board about this. My son is crying so much and wont sleep. I finally got a nap out of him today but he wont sleep til hes just completely drained. Maybe its a phase??
    kmb09

Answer by kmb09 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• my son did this, it's like he'll miss something if he closes his eyes. what we did was removed all stimulants. no light, no nosies( we did put on some classical music really, really softly), and no holding. we laid him in his crib and sat out of sight, when he cried we would get up and pat him on his belly a few times and then walk away again and sit out of sight, we did this just a few minutes and that was that.

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 4:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Swaddle her.

She is probably over tired and needs to sleep more.
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 4:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2009